Updated: Feb 12, 2019
What does self-improvement mean to you? Self-improvement is the act of improvement of one’s knowledge, status, or characters by one’s own efforts. No one can better yourself but you! there will be times where you may feel down, defeated, or just down right not in the mood. I am here to tell you that all these things are triggered by emotions that can be controlled. It’s a mind thing. You have the power to control what goes on in your everyday life. You have the power to control the negativity and positivity that flows through you. Not everyone can control this type of power and it may be because they are not in touch with their inner peace. Inner peace is very important to mental health. Speaking from experience I know how it feels to be at your all time low and trust me its not where you need to be mentally. You must keep positive energy no matter what! If you have a hard time trying to find your inner peace or don’t know how try starting a routine of positivity and perform this daily! Here is an example of a positivity routine:
· Optimize Your Mind - Say a positive message out loud to yourself every day. When you wake up in the morning you should be feeling rested and rejuvenated! Brush your teeth, wash your face, look in the mirror and tell yourself, “Today will be a fantastic day!”. Speak your positivity into existence!
· Mentally Prepare – Visualize your success. Know you are going to be very successful at what you love to do. Set goals for yourself, set goals for your new business, set goals to buy that new house. If you are crossing off your checklist, you are progressing. Set goals, set goals, set goals!!
· Write: Prime yourself for creativity - Spending time writing every day helps you become a better communicator, improves your ability to recall important information, and it also enhances your creativity.
· Optimize Your Body- Practice Deep Breathing. 70% of your body’s toxins are released through your lungs and exhalation making the act of “full breathing” a natural and powerful detoxifier. Peak-performance expert Tony Robbins recommends deep breathing as part of his Ten-Day Challenge. Three times a day you take 10 “power breaths” using a ratio of 1-4-2. For instance, if you inhale for 6 seconds, you will hold for 24 seconds, and exhale for 12 seconds. This type of breathing brings energy to your body, making it healthier and less stressed in the process. You’ll start to feel better almost instantly…try it now. I’ll wait.
· Eat Productive Food & Drink Plenty of Water - The items you choose to consume each and every day can actually affect how well your brain functions, ultimately making it easier (or harder) for you to hit your goals. Research has found that your brain operates optimally when you consume a very specific amount of glucose (25 grams, to be exact) in a form that is released slowly over time. Foods that fall into this category and have positive effects on your body and mind include: